Comprehension task on the text Ex. 19 on page 37 for the 6 th form
Task 1. Match the words.
- Once a man a) недостатньо вікон
- But very small b) не маю достатньо хороших друзів
- Invited his friends c) слухав мовчки
- To see his house d) це також правда
- said anything good e) можливо впаде вниз
- not enough windows f) запросив своїх друзів
- probably fall down g) побачити його будинок
- listened in silence h) сказав щось хороше
- haven’t enough good friends i) одного разу чоловік
- it is also true j) але дуже маленький
Task 2. Fill in the proper word.
- Once a man built a …
- school b) house c) shop
- He wanted his… to see his house.
- mother b) teacher c) friends
- “The front of the house is not … enough,” said one friend.
- nice b) English c) clean
- “They are too … even for one man.”
- beautiful b) small c) black
- “It is also true that I haven’t enough good … who can live with me in this house.”
- friends b) sisters c) doctors
Task 3. Find truthful and false sentences ( T/ F or +/- )
- Once a cat built a house.
- The house was beautiful but very little.
- His friends didn’t come to see at his house.
- Every friend said many good words about his house.
- His friend said: ”These windows are so ugly!”
- “The roof will probably fall down when it snows”,- said the fourth friend.
- The man didn’t listen to his friends.
- The man did not have enough good friends to live with him in that small house.
Task 4. Answer the questions.
- Who built a house?
- What was the house like?
- Who came to the man?
- Did his friends like his house?
- Were the man’s friends his real friends? Why? Why not?